Cleaning a hookah is a necessary evil. You should clean your hookah after or before each session. A hookah can be used for multiple sessions at once. However, if you flip between drastically different flavors, you may still need to clean some sections.
Here are the necessities for cleaning your hookah in 5 minutes:
- Water that is warm (neither hot nor cold)
- Dishwashing liquid
- vinegar or baking soda (optional)
- Brushes with long and short soft bristles
- Microfiber cloth, paper towel, or sponge
How To Clean a Hookah Glass Vase
Always empty the unclean water from your hookah base after each session. This prevents gradual dirt and residue buildup as well as mold growth inside the glass vase. Furthermore, cleaning a glass vase is significantly easier if there is no persistent staining from unclean water.
To clean a hookah glass vase, follow these steps:
- Warm water with ordinary dish soap. You can use tap water, although lukewarm temps make cleaning easier, faster, and more effective.
- In the liquid, soak the glass vase. If you use a large enough tub or close the stopper in your sink, you can soak all of the washable hookah parts in the mixture.
- Half-fill the glass vase halfway with soap water. Pour the water out after swirling the mixture inside the base. If required, repeat this step once or twice more.
- Fill the base with soap water, then scrub the glass interiors with the short soft-bristled brush that comes with hookah sets. The outside is unlikely to be visibly unclean.
- With the short or base brush, remove all dirt, stains, and residue buildup. If hard and inflexible stains do not come off after scrubbing, add a little baking soda or vinegar.
- Scrubbing should not be done with excessive power or thrust. Make sure the water is somewhat warm, not hot, as extreme heat might crack or break the glass.
- To remove stubborn stains on the inside, use a soft microfiber cloth or sponge. Rinse well and let the glass base to air-dry while you clean the other sections.
How To Clean a Hookah Stem or Pipe
By now, your hookah stem or pipe should have saturated. As a result, cleaning the filth and leftover buildup within will be easier. Because you can’t see much of the inside, you can apply vinegar or baking soda on the stem or pipe. As a result, a more powerful cleaning chemical is preferable.
- Fill the stem halfway with soapy water, vinegar, or baking soda. You might also add some lemon juice. Use of severe chemical agents may cause pipe damage.
- With one hand, grasp one end of the hookah stem or pipe. Scrub the interiors with the long soft-bristled brush while the cleaning solution is still inside.
- Rep by blocking off the opposite end of the stem or pipe. Insert the stem brush from the opposite end and thoroughly scrub the interiors. Also, clean the hose port.
- Hold the pipe upright and allow all of the cleaning liquid to drain. Clean the pipe with lukewarm water. You can place the stem beneath the faucet. Running water cleans more effectively.
- Allow all of the water to drain by leaving the pipe standing or tilted safely. After the pipe has dried, clean the interiors with a paper towel or microfiber cloth.
How To Clean a Hookah Bowl
It is simpler to clean the hookah bowl. Scrub the bowl carefully with some of the soap water. Many modern hookah bowls are glazed or hand-painted. Don’t scrub too vigorously. Chemicals and cleaning products should be avoided since they can damage the glazing or chip the paint.
To clean the bowl, use a soft microfiber rag. A sponge, paper towel, or cotton swab will not be as effective as a piece of 250 – 300 GSM microfiber cloth.
The hookah bowl, like the glass vase, must be cleaned after each session. Otherwise, residual dried and burned shisha tobacco stains will be permanent. It is not enough to simply throw away the tobacco after a session. You must clean the bowl with regular water and a mild scrub.
How To Clean a Washable Hookah Hose
Hoses with a metal coil inside cannot be washed. Silicone hoses can be washed on a regular basis. To clean the hose, use common soap water at a tepid temperature. Fill one end with cleaning solutions, then block the other end, shake the hose, and turn it up and down.
Allow the liquid to drain. Repeat the process as many times as necessary. To allow the leftover water to drain, hang the hose on a hook with both ends pointing downwards. When cleaning your hookah hose, do not bend or twist it in any way.